Friday, April 08, 2005

Finding Neverland

Up until now, I've only been doing dvd reviews, but I feel that's going to change. If I see any movie now, I'm gonna be putting something up about it. My wife and I went to the cheapseats and saw Finding Neverland last night. OH MY GOODNESS!! What a great film.

Finding Neverland is about a playwright (Johnny Depp) who is having a bit of a dry spell in his creative streak. He meets a family of 4 boys with a single mother in the park where he frequently does his writing. He feels great when with these boys because they help him to be a boy himself. This in turn, helps his creativity come back. It's a very FUN movie to watch. So... review is as follows:

Visuals: I say it's worth a 4.5. The cinematography and editing were well done. The glimpses into "Neverland" were absolutely amazing. Fantastical even.

Sound: I give this a 4. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to the sound of the movie. It was one of those things that happens in the background unnoticed. Which is good, mind you. It helped the story move on and didn't get in the way.

Story: A 5 for sure. The script, the story, the idea are all wonderful. I've always been a sucker for the story of Peter Pan as is, but this was absolutely brilliant. It isn't an obvious Peter Pan rip-off. I don't feel that it's a rip-off at all, actually. It's a story of heart.

Entertainment Value: A definite 5. I feel that EVERYONE should see this film. It really is THAT good. If you have not seen this one yet, go out and do so as soon as you possibly can. It is such a great movie. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home