Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Meet the Fockers

So... the last film we rented this past weekend was Meet the Fockers. If you've seen Meet the Parents, you already know what to expect from this movie. Except this time Gaylord's parents, Bernie (Dustin Hoffman) and Roz Focker (Barbra Streisand), are in the mix. Since his parents are involved, you can only imagine what sort of things they come up with to embarass Gaylord, aka Greg. This is pretty much what the movie consists of.

Visuals: As far as visuals go, I say 3.5. There's really nothing special about the visuals in this movie either, but if you pay attention to detail, you'll be able to appreciate some great artwork that can be seen in the Focker house. I don't know who the artists were/are, but I do know that I liked a lot of the pieces/decorations that were in the house.

Sound: This gets a 3. It's just your basic music at times when it's called for type of sound. Nothing special, nothing fantastic. Fits the movie.

Story: Here I give a 3.5. Some of the events that take place are quite funny, but nothing that made me roll on the floor laughing. I found myself amused during the movie, but nothing over the top. My favorite scene would have to be Gaylord's speech at the party. Something that Jack Byrnes (Robert DeNiro) does to him before hand makes it very truthful. But, I'd have to say that I like the first of these two films better.

Special Features: I only watched the outtakes as far as special features go, so I can't give a fair rating on this one. For a full list of bonus material, visit the official site and click on bonus material.

Entertainment Value: Overall value of the film according to moi? I say 3.5. Just above average, but nothing really all that special about it. Would I own it? Maybe. I own Meet the Parents, and I might just buy Meet the Fockers to have them sitting side-by-side in my collection, if I can pick it up on sale or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home